Fixing Leaking Fridge
Majority of people quite intimidated of the idea that they have to fix a fridge themselves. Whenever they see fridge leaking, they assume it is due to a big problem beyond their knowledge and skills. Most often it is quite the opposite. Do it yourself, rather than use expensive professionals plus its fun.
· First of all identify the fridge problem. The very first thing to do in case of a fridge malfunction is to identify where the leaks come from. In this way you will know what fridge part is causing the problem. For example, if water comes from the back of the fridge, this is probably due to an ice maker issue, while leaks from the side of the fridge are usually the result of a faulty fridge door or fridge gasket. One more source of leak is the fridge drain pan at the bottom of the fridge.
· Inspect and fix the gasket. If the leak comes from the fridge door, it is either the result of a clogged door gasket or of the fridge door not closing properly. If the gasket is dirty or caked with food, take a warm sponge, and clean it with careful but firm movements. However, if the gasket is torn, you have to replace it with a new one. Buy a fridge gasket specially made for your fridge type or get a universal all-size-fitting gasket but it could longer to install.
· Fixing the fridge door could be done in one of two ways. First tighten the screws and bolts of the door. If this does not make the door close fully try setting the fridge at the right angle. The most fridge types could be tilt by adjusting its front legs. If fridge does not have adjustable legs, buy some shims and place them under the legs to set it at right angle.
· Examine and repair the water tube in case fridge has an ice maker. If you may notice leaks coming from the back of your fridge. It could be caused by a problem with the water tube that connects the ice maker with the source of water. Connector of the tube to the ice maker could be. If the tube is leaky, replace it with a new one. If the fittings are loose and leaking, tighten the fittings with a pair of pliers.
· Very carefully inspect the drain pan. The source of the leak may be the drain pan. Drain pan is used to collect condensation from the fridge and is located at the bottom of the unit, behind the grill. Take the pan out by simply removing the grill and gently pull the drain pan out. Inspect and test the pan by pouring water in it. If there is a leak, replace the pan. If it holds water, clean it and put it back in place.
That is all to it. As I said it is fun, money saved and you will fill proud of yourself. If problem still exists find the answer on an Internet for your specific brand and model. Follow their instructions to the letter and success is guaranteed. Remember that if you call, lets say, to Sears you will be charged $75 just for repairmen to come plus cost of the parts and labor. You are talking roughly about $250 to $400 which is a hefty price to pay.
a twitter wordpress plugin and a blog is all that you require to produce income on the net. Discover more about autoblogging :- risk free trial
an acorn is a chav